Self-motivated professional with the ability to learn quickly; Excellent analytic and project management skills; Efficient at time management and problem resolution.
eCommerce Product Support Specialist
Zoovy - September 2012 to Present
- Assist, troubleshoot and train customers on the Zoovy eCommerce platform.
- Help customers with product syndication to online marketplaces (i.e. Amazon, Ebay, Google, Buy.com).
- Identify customer issues and resolve or escalate to proper personnel in a timely manner.
- Manage and respond to incoming support issues via phone and a ticket management system.
- Research technical problems to help analyze and document problematic trends and issues.
- Product quality assurance and testing.
- Zoovy has integrated with the top marketplaces: Amazon, eBay, and Buy.com in an effort to help merchants diversify and sell more online.
Hookit.com - April 2009 to August 2011
- Managed eCommerce operations, including store builds, implementations, integrations, affiliate networks, reporting, PPC and third party vendor relationships with MR Innovations, Shopatron and Authorize.net.
- Oversaw daily operations and managed client relationships for 33 brands with stores, 4 affiliate systems (Commission Junction, Google, AvantLink and Linkshare), and related engineering projects.
- Responsible for notable brands, such as Monster Energy, Spy Optic, Scott USA, O’Neal Motocross, Acerbis
- Responsible for weekly, monthly, quarterly and yearly revenue reporting, and reporting of analytics via Google Analytics and store traffic analytics from internal tracking sources.
- Contributed to growth of 16% in 2010. And 27% in Q1/Q2 of 2011. 2011 is on pace for 35-40% growth.
- Routinely confronted with complicated obstacles between the main site and store systems that needed strategic problem-solving while keeping in mind the business implications.
- Responsible for driving traffic to stores and accountable for revenue goals.
- Identified and outlined key functionality enhancements to be engineered for the store systems (i.e. XML product options, lowest price, buy something get something free, etc.)
- Developed ‘Hookups’ advertising feature that allows brands to offer special product deals on the network and through the mobile apps for iPhone and Android.
- Extensive knowledge of software functionality and performance to successfully identify and report faults to software engineers and product managers.
- Internal and external project management via Google apps, Zoho and Basecamp as well as systems developed within the company.
- Hookit.com currently has over 750K users, with 8+M Pageviews and 500K Unique Monthly Visits.
Phoenix Footwear Group - October 2006 to October 2008
- Promoted into this position to head up the eCommerce Department reporting directly to the Senior Vice President of Operations.
- Managed two direct reports; a Web Coordinator and an eCommerce Graphic Artist.
- Oversaw day to day operations of all websites, online stores and eCommerce systems.
- Strategic development of new eCommerce sites from scratch and integrating all necessary systems from customer facing to warehouse fulfillment.
- Managed new development and system upgrades.
- Accomplished the seamless transfer of existing online stores to a new eCommerce platform. This was successfully done first with H.S. Trask without any customer facing interruptions or loss of revenue.
- Responsible for forecasting, purchase orders and overall management of merchandising for the various sites.
- Managed paid keywords and SEO/SEM.
- Planned and executed Email marketing campaigns to customers.
- Troubleshooting of customer account and customer order problems as they arise.
- Reported on site analytics to the Brand Managers and Vice Presidents of sales
eCommerce Graphic Artist
Phoenix Footwear Group - May 2005 to October 2006
- Sole Graphic Artist responsible for graphic content of all eCommerce websites, company corporate site, dealer extranet and company intranet.
- Graphic Design of email campaigns for 5 eCommerce sites.
- Re-concept and re-design of websites. Development of new sites from the ground up considering GUI flaws in the current sites and adding much needed functionality.
- Assisted the eCommerce Manager in problem solving and digital logistics of moving the eCommerce sites from one platform to another.
- Consistently involved in solving complex issues (back and front-end) related to the web site operations.
- Extensive color correction and color making of files from product photography.
- Created Flash files.
- Responsible for all in-house product photography.
- Producing print materials; catalogs, trade-show posters, direct-mail pieces, etc.
- Troubleshoot database information and inventory feeds in an AS/400 environment.
Assistant Manager/Head Doorman
1st Street Bar - February 2002 to May 2005
- Hire and fire other doormen and bar backs. Set work schedules.
- Backup the bartenders when needed.
- Keep the general peace in the establishment.
Retro-Tek Energy Services - December 2002 to October 2004
- Retro-fitting of light fixtures to newer technology.
- Repair, replace and troubleshoot non-working fixtures and circuits.
- Install new wiring, junction boxes and receptacles.
- General electrical service and repair.
Production Coordinator/Graphic Artist
ComputorEdge Magazine - February 1995 to December 2002
- Facilitated the start-up of our weekly issue of ComputorEdge Magazine into Colorado.
- Coordinate all production aspects of the weekly ComputorEdge Magazine Colorado Edition as well as the bi-weekly ComputerScene Magazine New Mexico Edition.
- Colorado and New Mexico were prepared digitally by myself for the printer.
- Additionally responsible for the weekly production operations of the San Diego issue of ComputorEdge Magazine.
- Design from concept to layout of advertisements both one-color and four-color process based upon client needs and design expertise.
- Process all digital scanning of line, grayscale, and full color art.
- Assist the IT Director for systems administration for the production department (Windows 2000/NT and Macintosh machines).
- Responsible for maintenance and development of the ComputorEdge Online Website.
California Computer Conference Manager
ComputorEdge Magazine - February 1995 to December 2002
- Design floor plan layout; booth arrangement, sponsorship areas, special exhibits.
- Manage the physical set-up and tear-down of the show.
- Coordinated software for the Computer Learning Center and the Computer Gaming Center.
- Prepared a forecast budget for communication equipment, security and various staff related expenses.
- Establish interviews for TV and Radio with experts in various fields of knowledge.
- Involved in the production of all print media related to the Expo.
- Additionally responsible for policing exhibitors.
- Accountable for handling lost children, medical emergencies, and attendee issues.
Adobe CS4 Suite
ITT Technical Institute
Associates of Applied Science Degree; Electronics Engineering Technology